Plants on a day in January

I like plants. I'm not sure if anybody actively dislikes plants. But I sure like having them around the house. It's not always an easy task to keep them alive because our windows are small and only two of them face daylight sun in the winter. So I have made it my business to find plants that do not need much light. I have killed quite a few plants bought in stores. The ones I have grown from scratch seem to survive better. Slow but sturdy.




A new addition to my indoor plant project this winter is a grow light. I have just harvested my first round of salad. Basil and chives are still growing! This is an awesome way to keep a little bit of summer spirit during the darkest months of the year. Fresh, local produce is not available in Fairbanks this time a year.  





Comments

Popular Posts