Christmas, life balance fails and pop-psychology

It's December! I was just making a list of all of the Christmas things I have not done yet (Everything). I had two big deadlines in my genealogy course today, which are now sent off and I am having a beer in my own company, while thinking of life things that I can now pleasantly indulge in. Like Christmas decorating! The kids and I will be in California for Christmas with mormor and morfar. I'm so excited. Summer, when we last saw each other, seems so so far away already. I also can't believe that this will be my second Christmas as a mother of two. Wasn't it yesterday I was trying to get Una to watch Danish Christmas shows (Julekalender) with me? She is into it this year so far - as the one Christmas thing I have done so far, I have made my child watch TV with me :)
It's been a really busy fall/early winter and I am starting to feel the wear and tear of trying to meet my own ambitions for my professional development while juggling kids, work, house and...life. How do we juggle it all and keep some kind of balance within ourselves? It's a never-ending experiment of doing too much in one area and then realizing you are doing too little in another. And I guess that's kind of the lesson to learn: prioritize different things at different times and rest assured in the knowledge that what is lacking will eventually come into focus again. Or do everything half-ass, but I am just not built that way. I actually did a personality test the other day - I want to call it an intelligent pop-psychology test and it was kind of awesome. J did it too and there was some serious truth to it. If anyone should feel so inclined, here is a link: https://www.idrlabs.com/test.php. POP-psychology, okay?



Comments

Popular Posts